Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to qualify Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduates for expanded career advancement opportunities in leadership, management and education.
Program Code: APP-BSN
Junior - Session I
- MAC 1105 - College Algebra 3 cr.
- ENC 1102 - English Composition II 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
(or any Area III college-level math course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements)
Session I Hours: 9
Junior - Session II
- NUR 3065C - Examination and Assessment 4 cr.
- NUR 3655 - Cultural Health Issues 3 cr.
- NUR 3119 - Nursing Theoretical Concepts 3 cr.
- NUR 3895 - Teaching and Learning for the Healthcare Professional 3 cr.
Session II Hours: 13
Junior - Session III
- NUR 3125 - Pathology for Nursing Practice 3 cr.
- NUR 3145 - Pharmacology for Nursing 4 cr.
- NUR 3826 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing 4 cr.
- NUR 4837 - Health Care Policy and Economics in Nursing 3 cr.
Session III Hours: 14
Senior - Session I
- SPC 2608 - Introduction to Public Speaking 3 cr.
- Any Area IV HUM or REL prefix course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements3 cr.
Session I Hours: 6
Senior - Session II
- NUR 4164 - Nursing Research and Informatics 4 cr.
- NUR 4636C - Community Nursing 3 cr.
- NUR 4827 - Principles of Leadership and Management in Nursing 3 cr.
Session II Hours: 10
Senior - Session III
Session III Hours: 5
General Education and Support Courses : 18 Semester Hours
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education: 42 Semester Hours
Lower Level Courses: 60 Hours
Total Hours: 120
Special Program Requirements:
Students must meet the provision of Florida Statute 1007.262 regarding the statewide foreign language requirement as an exit requirement of the baccalaureate degree. Students must have completed two sequential foreign language courses in high school or at the postsecondary level. American Sign Language I and II is an approved sequence per Florida Statute 1007.2615.
Students who have earned an Associate in Arts degree from a Florida Community College or State University System (SUS) institution before the fall term of 1989, or who have maintained continuous enrollment in a Florida community college or SUS institution before the fall term of 1989 are exempt from the requirement.