Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to qualify Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduates for expanded career advancement opportunities in leadership, management and education.
Program Code: BS-NUR
- MAC 1105 - College Algebra 3 cr.
- STA 2023 - Introduction to Statistics 3 cr.
- ENC 1102 - English Composition II 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
(or any Area III college-level math course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements)
These 12 hours of prerequisites must be successfully completed before application to the program and are included in the 18 hours of General Education Requirements and Support Courses.
Junior - Session I
- NUR 3065C - Examination and Assessment 4 cr.
- NUR 3104 - Cultural Health Issues 3 cr.
- NUR 3119 - Nursing Theoretical Concepts 3 cr.
- NUR 3895 - Teaching and Learning for the Healthcare Professional 3 cr.
Session I Hours: 13
Junior - Session II
- NUR 3125 - Pathology for Nursing Practice 3 cr.
- NUR 3145 - Pharmacology for Nursing 4 cr.
- NUR 3826 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing 4 cr.
- NUR 4837 - Health Care Policy and Economics in Nursing 3 cr.
Session II Hours: 14
Junior - Session III
- SPC 2608 - Introduction to Public Speaking 3 cr.
- Any Area IV HUM or REL prefix course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements3 cr.
Session III Hours: 6
Senior - Session I
- NUR 4164 - Nursing Research and Informatics 4 cr.
- NUR 4636C - Community Nursing 3 cr.
- NUR 4827 - Principles of Leadership and Management in Nursing 3 cr.