Cheer Team Tryouts
Mandatory tryout meeting (required if you intend to tryout)
Wednesday, May 14
6 p.m.-8 p.m.
R151 at West Campus in New Port Richey.
Open gym practice sessions will be held prior to tryouts.
Fitness Center - K
New Port Richey campus
Monday, May 19, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. (prep)
Tuesday, May 20, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. (prep)
Wednesday, May 21, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. (tryout)
- Cheer (will be taught)
- Dance (will be taught to females)
- Stunts - Flyers should be willing to full down from one-legged stunts and willing to try many new stunts. Bases should be able to base all advance stunts and have experience in basing. Back spots should be able to back all advance stunts and have experience in back spotting.
- Tumbling (highly recommended)
- Must be enrolled in at least one class at PHCC
- Guys - Toss to hands is preferred
- Incoming freshmen, returning sophomores, dual enrollment students, university students taking classes at PHSC and transfer students with at least a 2.0 GPA may tryout. Everyone must take at least three credit hours.
- For safety reasons, females and males should be in optimum health. Physical required.
- Females must wear gym shorts, athletic top and gym shoes (black gym shorts and white athletic top required for final tryout day). No jewelry. Hair must be pulled back.
- Males must wear solid color gym shorts, T-shirt and athletic shoes.
- Tryouts will be held at the Pasco-Hernando State College West Campus in New Port Richey, in the Fitness Center.
- In order to tryout, you must turn in the emergency contact waiver, signed Medical Release Waiver, tryout application and a $10 tryout fee on/before the team tryout date. No exceptions!
Tryouts are closed to the general public.