Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as computer programmer trainees and software application technicians. The program prepares students to use methods and procedures to automate business applications, to use business software applications and to incorporate the review of system and programming specifications to yield solutions to business application problems.
The courses in this certificate program also are part of the Associate in Science degree in Computer Programming and Analysis. Students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for their certificate. After earning their certificate, students are encouraged to complete the courses in the AS degree.
Program Code: TC-BDP
The following 33 credit hours meet the requirements for this certificate:
- CET 1179 - Microcomputer Repair Essentials 3 cr.
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- CGS 1820 - Web Page Design 3 cr.
- CGS 2108 - Advanced Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- CNT 1401 - Principles of Information, Security and Assurance 3 cr.
- CNT 1000 - Introduction to Networking 3 cr.
- COP 1000 - Introduction to Software Development 3 cr.
- COP 1332 - Visual Basic .NET Programming 3 cr.
- COP 1839 - Web Programming with Visual Basic .NET 3 cr.
- COP 2071 - Access Programming and SQL 3 cr.
Choose one course from the following: