Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as entry-level programmers or programmer specialists or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations. The program prepares students to analyze business situations and to design and develop software solutions.
The courses in this certificate program also are part of the Associate in Science degree in Computer Programming and Analysis. Students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for their certificate. After earning a certificate, students are encouraged to continue their education by completing the courses in the AS degree.
Program Code: TC-CPS
The following 18 credit hours meet the requirements for this certificate:
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- CGS 1820 - Web Page Design 3 cr.
- COP 1000 - Introduction to Software Development 3 cr.
- COP 1332 - Visual Basic .NET Programming 3 cr.
- COP 2071 - Access Programming and SQL 3 cr.
- COP 1839 - Web Programming with Visual Basic .NET 3 cr.
Choose one course from the following: