Manufacturing Skills Standards Council—Certified Production Technician Training Program
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the skills and knowledge needed by the nation’s production workers. The MSSC system awards the Production Technician Certification to new and incumbent workers. Pasco-Hernando State College is a Certified MSSC Assessment Center, offering training and certification through its Corporate Training department.
The Certified Production Technician Training Program (CPT) includes courses in four modules: manufacturing processes and production; quality practices and measurement; maintenance awareness; and safety. A certificate is awarded at the conclusion of each module when a passing score is earned on the module test. CPT Certification is earned when a passing score is earned on each of the four module tests.
CPT Training Program
Length: 90 contact hours
Fee: $1,100 (includes unit workbooks and tests)
Date/time: Tuesdays and Thursdays; August 4 – October 18, 2014
6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Note: Return soon for information about our next in-classroom course, scheduled to begin in October 2014.
To register, or for more information call 727-816-3345, 727-816-3227 or email
- Unit 1: Workplace Essentials—Provides training on workplace skills needed in the manufacturing industry to sustain day-to-day success of organizations.
- Unit 2: Safety Awareness—Provides baseline knowledge and skills needed to maintain a safe and productive work environment and ensure the safe use of equipment.
- Unit 3: Production and Processes—Develops existing knowledge and skills needed for the production of products to meet customer needs, while ensuring the manufacturing process meets business requirements.
- Unit 4: Maintenance Awareness—Provides core knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures to enhance existing skills in the identification and performance of equipment maintenance in the production process.
- Unit 5: Quality Assurance—Enhances existing knowledge and skills needed to maintain quality and implement continuous improvement processes to ensure that product and process variances meet quality standards.