Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for entry-level employment as correctional officers. The program is prescribed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC), in accordance with Florida Statutes.
Prerequisite Program Requirements
Program Code: APP-CO
- CJK 0300 - Introduction to Corrections 1.07 tech. cr.
- CJK 0305 - Communications 1.33 tech. cr.
- CJK 0310 - Officer Safety .53 tech. cr.
- CJK 0315 - Facility and Equipment .27 tech. cr.
- CJK 0320 - Intake and Release .60 tech. cr.
- CJK 0325 - Supervising in a Correctional Facility 1.33 tech. cr.
- CJK 0330 - Supervising Special Populations .67 tech. cr.
- CJK 0335 - Responding to Incidents and Emergencies .53 tech. cr.
- CJK 0031 - CMS First Aid for Criminal Justice Officers 1.33 tech. cr.
- CJK 0040 - CMS Criminal Justice Firearms 2.67 tech. cr.
- CJK 0051 - CMS Criminal Justice—Defensive Tactics 2.67 tech. cr.
- CJK 0340 - Officer Wellness and Physical Abilities 1.00 tech. cr.