Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this certificate program is to prepare students for further education and careers such as database security professionals and e-commerce security professionals in information technology, or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations. Upon successful completion of this program, an individual may transfer into the two-year Associate in Science in Information Technology Security degree program.
Upon completion, students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificate(s). Students are encouraged to complete courses in the AS degree program.
The following 21 credit hours meet the requirement for this certificate:
Program Code: TC-DECSC
- CAP 2134 - Database Security 3 cr.
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- CGS 2108 - Advanced Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- COP 1000 - Introduction to Software Development 3 cr.
- COP 1332 - Visual Basic .NET Programming 3 cr.
- COP 2071 - Access Programming and SQL 3 cr.