Admission to Dental Assisting Program
In addition to applying to the College, those wishing to enter this limited access program must also be accepted into the Dental Assisting program. Admission to the College does not imply acceptance into the program. Students must submit a specific program application and meet all admission requirements for consideration.
Applicants should submit the limited access application only when all of the program requirements listed below have been met. Applicants may apply at any time. Once an application packet is submitted, it cannot be amended. Students who submit an incomplete application must reapply to the program once all requirements have been met.
Applicants will be admitted on a first qualified, first admitted basis. Eligible applicants will be assigned a place in the next available class. Applicants who do not respond to an offer of admission or who fail to enroll for the term for which admission is offered must re‐apply for a future date.
Application information checklist
Please review the application information checklist. The checklist must be signed and submitted along with the limited access application and requirements in order to complete your packet.
- Program application
- Note: Complete applications will be accepted year-round on a first qualified, first applied basis for May admission.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES
- CPR certification, PHSC course NCH 0050— Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers, American Heart Association
- Manual dexterity test with a score of 60 percent or higher
- A physical examination certifying satisfactory health
- A complete dental examination certifying good oral health, free of dental caries and gum disease
- A negative criminal background check
- In order to receive a certificate, students must either: 1) Obtain satisfactory scores on the Test of Adult Basic Education (Form 9 or 10) with a minimum grade of 10th grade-level in reading, language and mathematics or 2) Have earned an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university