You are here

Eligibility and Documentation

Establishing Eligibility

To establish eligibility for instructional and support services, students should contact the director of disabilities services on the West Campus or assistant coordinator of disabilities services at the East Campus, North Campus, Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch or Spring Hill Campus and complete a Self-Identification and Authorization Form. Support services are available, as appropriate for students experiencing temporary disabilities.


The College requires documentation of a student’s disability before providing accommodations for each disability. Typically, documentation needs to be no more than three years old. It needs to be comprehensive and establish that you have "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities." This is the ADA definition of a disability. Ideally, you should see if your high school can conduct a comprehensive evaluation during your senior year.

List of Disabilities

Disabilities may include, but are not limited to the following: