Curriculum and Requirements
This program offers a sequence of courses that provide coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in information technology; provides technical skill proficiency, including competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, occupation-specific skills and knowledge of all aspects of IT.
The courses in this certificate program also are part of the E-Business Technology―Associate in Science program. Students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for their certificate. After receiving their certificate, students are encouraged to continue their education by completing the courses in the AS degree.
Program Code: TC-EBTEC
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CGS 2304 - Managing Information Technology 3 cr.
- CNT 1000 - Introduction to Networking 3 cr.
- CGS 1820 - Web Page Design 3 cr.
- CGS 2108 - Advanced Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- GEB 1136 - Introduction to E-Business 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.