Because many PHSC students desire to continue their education without leaving the area, PHSC partners with local and regional colleges and universities to offer baccalaureate degree programs on PHSC campuses. Current programs include:
Based out of Naples, Fla., Hodges University has been a comprehensive degree granting college within the state for the past 22 years. A branch campus is located in Ft. Myers, Fla. and classes are also taught at learning sites which include: PHSC, Florida Keys Community College, and South Florida State College.
On campus offerings at our PHSC Learning Sites:
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies - Brooksville, New Port Richey and Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies - New Port Richey
- Master of Science in Management - Brooksville, New Port Richey and Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch
Online degree programs in:
- Applied Psychology
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Health Administration
- Information Systems Management
- Legal Studies
- Professional Studies
- Public Administration
Saint Leo University
Saint Leo University has provided world-class education to its students since its founding in 1889. Saint Leo University’s Adult Education program offers degree programs at flexible times and places convenient for working adults. Classes are designed to meet the needs of active professionals and those interested in continuing their education in the classroom environment (evenings and/or weekends) with the option to supplement courses through distance learning (online). Most classes are held in eight-week terms allowing students to take two courses per eight-weeks and remain full-time status.
For students who have already earned or are completing an associate degree and are interested in continuing their studies, Saint Leo University, through our partnership with PHSC, is pleased to offer the following programs in a variety of formats:
- Business Administration with specializations in Accounting, Management, and Marketing
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice (transfer in up to 21 college credits for academy and police training)
- Elementary Education (16-week classes)
- Health Care Management
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Middle Grades Education (16-week classes) English, Math, Science and Social Services
- Social Work
Additional majors and specializations are offered through the main campus of Saint Leo University.
About Saint Leo University
Saint Leo University is a regionally accredited, liberal-arts-based institution known for an inclusive Catholic heritage, enduring values, and capacity for innovation. The school was chartered in 1889 by Catholic Benedictine monks in rural Pasco County, Fla., making Saint Leo the first Catholic college in the state. Over its 125-year history, Saint Leo has provided access to education to people of all faiths, emphasizing the Benedictine philosophy of balanced growth of mind, body, and spirit.
Today the university welcomes learners from all generations and backgrounds, and from all 50 states and more than 60 nations. Saint Leo’s 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students may elect to study at the campus in Florida, at more than 40 teaching locations in seven states, or online from other locations. The university’s degree programs range from associate to doctorate.
Troy University Tampa Bay Site
Troy University is a public institution comprised of four campuses in Alabama and sites located worldwide, and is regionally accredited by SACS. PHSC and Troy have an official articulation agreement/transfer agreement for PHSC students to complete their bachelor's degree online.
- Applied Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- General Business - Global Business
- History - American/Latin American or European/Asian/African or Public History
- Hospitality Management - Hospitality, Sport and Tourism Management
- Human Resources Management - Global Business
- Interpreter Training Program
- Liberal Studies
- Management - Global Business
- Marketing - Global Business
- Political Science - International Politics
- Resource and Technology Management
- Social Science
- Sport Management - Hospitality, Sport and Tourism Management
- Tourism Management - Hospitality, Sport and Tourism Management
Online Nursing Undergraduate:
- Nursing – RN to BSN (for registered nurses)
- Adult Education - Curriculum and Instruction Design/ Instruction Technology/ Leadership Studies
- Counseling and Psychology - Addictions Counseling (Certificate Only)
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education - Education Specialist (P-3)
- Early Childhood Education (P-3)
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Elementary Education-Education Specialist (K-6)
- Environmental and Biological Sciences - Environmental Policy
- Health Practice Management Graduate Certificate
- History - American History (Thesis /Non-Thesis)
- History - European History (Thesis /Non-Thesis)
- Human Resource Management
- Instructional Leadership and Administration - Education Specialist
- International Relations - Global Studies/ National Security Affairs/ Regional Affairs
- Management - Leadership
- Master of Science in Counseling and Psychology - Clinical Mental Health
- Master of Science in Counseling and Psychology - General Counseling
- Master of Taxation
- Master of Taxation (Taxation Certificate Only)
- MBA General Management Option
- Public Administration - Government Contracting/Justice Administration/National Security Affairs/Nonprofit Management/Public Health Administration/Public Human Resource Management/Public Management
- Public Administration - Government Contracting (Certificate Only)
- Social Science
- Sport and Fitness Management - Athletic Administration/Coaching
- Strategic Communication
- Teacher Leader - Education Specialist
Online Nursing Graduate:
- Doctorate - Post Baccalaureate Clinical Nurse Specialist Adult Health
- Doctorate - Post Baccalaureate Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctorate - Post Masters Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Doctorate - Post Masters Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN - Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Nurse Specialist Adult Health
- MSN - Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN - Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Informatics Specialist
- FNP - Post Masters Certificate - Family Nurse Practitioner
University of Phoenix
University of Phoenix accepts transfer credits from regionally and select nationally accredited institutions of higher learning. Many courses offered by PHSC have been evaluated by University of Phoenix and may qualify for college credit toward a higher degree. University of Phoenix has partnered with PHSC to offer its students who choose to further their higher education at University of Phoenix, a five percent tuition reduction. Also, a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee waiver is offered to new students entering into a bachelor’s degree program at the University, to determine if time and money can be saved by converting past work experience to degree program credits.
University of Phoenix faculty members hold master’s or doctoral degrees and have substantial experience in the fields they teach. Continuous year-round enrollment, with many courses starting every two weeks, provides the convenience many adult learners seek. University of Phoenix provides adult learning through online courses, campus locations or learning centers throughout the country.
University of Phoenix offers institutionally accredited programs and courses from associate to doctorate level degrees that fit your lifestyle and career interests.
- Criminal Justice
- Nursing and Health Care
- Social Sciences
- Continuing Education
University of Phoenix is accredited by the higher learning commission and is a member of the North Central Association. Visit University of Phoenix online to learn more about your transferable degree and for a complete list of programs available at University of Phoenix.
University of South Florida St. Petersburg
College of Education
The College of Education at USFSP offers a bachelor’s degree in education with certification in both Elementary Education, K-6 and Special Education, K-12, and endorsements in ESOL and reading at PHSC. Traditional classes are offered Monday through Thursday evenings and other courses are offered via the Internet. All student-teaching experiences may be completed in either the Pasco or Hernando County school districts. Full-time students attending this program may complete it in five semesters. The College of Education at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs. Prospective students should have completed their Associate in Arts degree or be near completion.
In addition, USFSP offers two graduate programs. Graduate programs offered:
- Educational Leadership Development, M.Ed.
- Educational Leadership M.Ed. with a Track for Certification for Professionals with Earned Masters Degrees
College of Business
The USFSP College of Business offers undergraduate programs in Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Global Business, Information Systems Management, Management, and Marketing.
For students majoring in Business, minors are available in each of those disciplines and also in Health Care Administration, International Business, and Legal Studies. Students majoring outside of Business may include a minor in Entrepreneurship, General Business, Health Care Administration or Legal Studies.
USFSP is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission of Colleges as a separate institution within the University of South Florida System. The USFSP College of Business is accredited by AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
USFSP College of Business courses are offered online, hybrid, and face-to-face on the PHSC West Campus.
For more information visit their websites, contact a representative or contact your PHSC advisor.