Curriculum and Requirements
This program is designed to prepare students for employment as entry-level healthcare informatics specialists or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in related health record occupations. All courses in this certificate program transfer into the AS degree in Heath Information Technology at PHSC.
Program Code: TC-HCIS
- HIM 1005 - Project Management for Health Information Technology 2 cr.
- HIM 1102 - Introduction to Healthcare Informatics 2 cr.
- HIM 2212 - Health Records Data Analysis and Workflow Management 2 cr.
- HIM 1800 - Health Information Technology Practicum I 2 cr.
- HIM 2652 - Electronic Health Records 2 cr.
- HIM 1110 - Healthcare Delivery Systems 2 cr.
Total Hours: 18
A grade of "C" or higher in each course must be earned in order to continue in the program.