Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to provide students the first educational step to a professional career in human services. The program offers course work and field experience related to the introductory principles of human behavior specific to the practice and techniques in human services. Graduates may find employment as a human service assistant, social service aide, case management aide or geriatric aide. All courses in this program transfer into the AS degree in human services at PHSC.
Program Code: TC-HSA
- HUS 1001 - Introduction to Human Services 3 cr.
- HUS 1302 - Basic Counseling Skills 3 cr.
- HUS 2400 - Substance Abuse Counseling 3 cr.
- HUS 2525 - Issues in Mental Health 3 cr.
- HUS 2940 - Human Services Practicum I 3 cr.
- PSY 1012 - Introduction to Psychology 3 cr.
- SYG 2000 - Introduction to Sociology 3 cr.
- CLP 2140 - Abnormal Psychology 3 cr.
- ENC 1101 - English Composition I 3 cr.