Curriculum and Requirements
This Industrial Management Technology program is designed for articulation for technical certificates issued at Florida technical centers and Florida state colleges. These programs are traditionally referred to as postsecondary adult programs and run on a clock-hour basis. Students completing postsecondary adult programs have the technical training needed for employment. This program will give those students the managerial and supervisory training needed to assist them in job advancement.
To be eligible to articulate into this program, students must have completed a state approved postsecondary adult certificate at a state technical center or Florida state college in an industrial program such as:
|Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating||(1,350 hours)|
|Applied Welding Technology||(1,170 hours)|
|Automotive Service Technology||(1,800 hours)|
|Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing||(1,400 hours)|
|Building Construction Technology||(1,050 hours)|
|Commercial Art Technology||(1,500 hours)|
|Commercial Foods and Culinary Arts||(1,200 hours)|
|Computer Systems Technology||(1,650 hours)|
|Heavy Duty Truck and Bus Mechanics||(1,680 hours)|
|Industrial Machinery Maintenance & Repair||(1,350 hours)|
|Interior Décor Fabrication||(1,050 hours)|
|Interior Decorating Services||(1,050 hours)|
|Manufacturing Technology (Machining)||(1,500 hours)|
|Marine Service Technology||(1,350 hours)|
|Printing and Graphic Communications||(1,800 hours)|
|Television Production||(1,650 hours)|
Students must arrange to have official transcripts sent to the PHSC Admissions and Student Records office. Eligible students will be awarded 24 or 27 credits (based on length of program) toward the technical skill training requirement in this degree. These credits are to be used in the Industrial Management Technology program only. Prior to the award of credit, students must successfully complete 15 credits in the program. Upon completion of the 15 credits, students need to contact the PHSC Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificates.
Program Code: AS-IMT
Credits Awarded for Postsecondary Adult Programs
Credits will be required in the following areas:
General Education Requirements:
- ENC 1101 - English Composition I 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- Any Area II Mathematics course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- Any Area III Natural Sciences course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- Any Area IV Social and Behavioral Sciences course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- Any Area V Humanities course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
Industrial Management Courses:
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting 3 cr.
- MAR 1011 - Principles of Marketing 3 cr.
- MNA 1100 - Organizational Behavior 3 cr.
- MNA 1345 - Principles of Supervision 3 cr.
Technology Electives: (Choose one or two courses as needed to complete the 60 total hours required for this degree.)
- ECO 2013 - Principles of Macroeconomics 3 cr.
- GEB 1011 - Introduction to Business 3 cr.
- GEB 1136 - Introduction to E-Business 3 cr.
- GEB 2350 - International Business 3 cr.
- MKA 1021 - Salesmanship 3 cr.
- OST 2335 - Business Communications 3 cr.
- OST 1100 - College Keyboarding I 3 cr.