Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students to enter the workforce as Internet/intranet technicians, Web technicians, and Internet support specialists, or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations.
The content prepares individuals to work in Internet, intranet and extranet environments, installing, configuring, designing and managing intranet and Web-based resources.
The courses in the certificate program also are part of the Associate in Science degree in Internet Services Technology. Upon completion, students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificate(s). Students are encouraged to complete courses in the AS degree.
Program Code: TC-ITAD
The following 18 hours meet the requirements for this certificate:
- CET 1179 - Microcomputer Repair Essentials 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- CGS 1820 - Web Page Design 3 cr.
- CGS 2304 - Managing Information Technology 3 cr.
- CNT 1000 - Introduction to Networking 3 cr.
- CTS 1110 - Microcomputer Software Essentials 3 cr.