Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to train students who want a dual certification in law enforcement and corrections. To take the following courses, students must provide evidence they have completed a Law Enforcement Officer Basic Recruit Training program and passed the State Officer Certification Examination. Upon satisfactory completion of the courses listed, students will be eligible to take the State Officer Certification Examination for Correctional Officers. Successful scores on both state exams enable the student to receive dual certification as a correctional officer and as a law enforcement officer. This course is the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission approved Law Enforcement Officer Crossover Training to Florida CMS Correctional Officer Basic Recruit Training program.
Program Code: APP-LTC
- CJK 0200 - Overview of Corrections .47 tech. cr.
- CJK 0310 - Officer Safety .53 tech. cr.
- CJK 0315 - Facility and Equipment .27 tech. cr.
- CJK 0320 - Intake and Release .60 tech. cr.
- CJK 0325 - Supervising in a Correctional Facility 1.33 tech. cr.
- CJK 0330 - Supervising Special Populations .67 tech. cr.
- CJK 0205 - LE Crossover to Correctional Responding to Incidents and Emergencies .40 tech. cr.
- CJK 0393 - Crossover Program Updates .27 tech. cr.
- CJK 0354 - Law Enforcement Crossover to Correctional Officer Wellness .40 tech. cr.
- CJK 0392 - Crossover Handgun Transition Course .80 tech. cr.