Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as advertising and display specialists; marketing, advertising, public relations manager; public relations specialists or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations.
The courses in this certificate program are also part of the Business Administration AS to BS Transfer Program―Associate in Science. Students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for their certificate. After receiving their certificate, students are encouraged to continue their education by completing the courses in the AS degree.
Program Code: TC-MO
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- GEB 1136 - Introduction to E-Business 3 cr.
- MAR 1011 - Principles of Marketing 3 cr.
- GEB 1011 - Introduction to Business 3 cr.
- MNA 1100 - Organizational Behavior 3 cr.
- MKA 1021 - Salesmanship 3 cr.
- MKA 2041 - Principles of Retailing 3 cr.
- MKA 2511 - Principles of Advertising 3 cr.
- OST 2335 - Business Communications 3 cr.
- Any MAC, MGF, MTG or STA prefix mathematics course listed in this College Catalog and Student Handbook. (Students planning to transfer to the AS to BS Transfer Program should take MAC 1105.) 3 cr.