Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this certificate program is to prepare students to enter the workforce as cabling specialists, network control operators, network technicians, network systems technicians and network troubleshooters; or, to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations. Upon successful completion of this program, an individual may transfer into the two-year Associate in Science in Network Systems Technology degree program.
The courses in this program also are part of the Associate in Science degree in Network Systems Technology.
Upon completion, students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificate(s). Students are encouraged to complete courses in the AS degree program.
Program Code: TC-NIC
The following 21 credit hours meet the requirements for this certificate:
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CNT 1000 - Introduction to Networking 3 cr.
- CET 1600 - Networking Fundamentals—Cisco Academy 3 cr.
- CET 1610 - Routing and Switching Essentials—Cisco Academy 3 cr.
- CET 2615 - Scaling Networks—Cisco Academy 3 cr.
- CNT 1401 - Principles of Information, Security and Assurance 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.