Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this certificate program is to prepare students to enter the workforce as cabling specialists, network control operators, data communications analysts, network technicians, network specialists, network systems technicians, network troubleshooters, and systems administrators; or, to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations. Upon successful completion of this program, an individual may transfer into the two-year Associate in Science in Network Systems Technology degree program.
The courses in this program also are part of the Associate in Science degree in Network Systems Technology.
Upon completion, students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificate(s). Students are encouraged to complete courses in the AS degree program.
Program Code: TC-NVC
The following 24 credit hours meet the requirement for this certificate:
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CNT 1000 - Introduction to Networking 3 cr.
- CTS 1110 - Microcomputer Software Essentials 3 cr.
- CET 2793 - Windows Server Administration 3 cr.
- CTS 1544 - Virtualization Essentials 3 cr.
- CTS 2372 - Implementing Virtualized Servers 3 cr.
- CTS 2411 - Managing Information Storage 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.