Individuals who are selected for the MTES must:
- Be a resident of the State of Florida.
- Be a member of one of the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaskan Native.
- Be newly admitted into a teacher education program at any of FFMT's participating universities/colleges.
- Be a junior and have not earned a baccalaureate degree in Education.
- Have earned 60 credit hours or an AA degree.
- Have not exceeded 18 hours of upper division education courses at the time of application.
Spring 2014 Application Open
The Minority Teacher Education Scholarship (MTES) applications can now be completed online! Please note that you must be able to complete the entire application when you start as there is no save option. An essay is required with your application, so please type your essay before you begin as it will need to be uploaded with your application. Your essay should be 100-300 words and discuss how your life experiences have impacted you to go into the field of education. The MTES is a scholarship program for full-time students (12 credit hours). You will also need to submit official transcripts for your current institution to your Primary Contact. Please visit website for more information.