Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare a person for office support positions such as administrative assistants, office supervisors/managers and receptionists. The program prepares persons for immediate employment in a business office and provides training for both first-time job seekers and experienced employees who wish to advance in their careers.
PHSC offers several certificates that can be earned as students work toward the AS degree. The Associate in Science degree in Office Administration includes the following certificates: Office Management—Certificate, Office Specialist—Certificate and Office Support—Certificate. As certificate courses are completed, students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificate(s).
Program Code: AS-OST
General Education Requirements:
- ENC 1101 - English Composition I 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- Elective Area II listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- Any Area III Natural Science course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- Any Area III Mathematics course listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- Elective Area IV listed in the Associate in Science Degree Program Requirements 3 cr.
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting 3 cr.
- GEB 1011 - Introduction to Business 3 cr.
- GEB 1136 - Introduction to E-Business 3 cr.
- GEB 2350 - International Business 3 cr.
- MNA 1100 - Organizational Behavior 3 cr.
- MNA 2941 - Internship in Business 3 cr.
- OST 1100 - College Keyboarding I 3 cr.
- OST 1110 - College Keyboarding II 3 cr.
- OST 1764 - Word Processing—Microsoft Word 3 cr.
- OST 1811 - Desktop Publishing 3 cr.
- OST 2335 - Business Communications 3 cr.
- OST 2401 - Administrative Office Procedures 3 cr.
- OST 2852 - Excel for the Office 3 cr.
- Elective (See Office Administration Electives below) 6 cr.
Total Hours: 63
Office Administration Electives - Choose two of the following:
- ACG 2071 - Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 cr.
- BUL 2241 - Business Law 3 cr.
- BUL 2561 - Cyberlaw 3 cr.
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CGS 2108 - Advanced Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- ECO 2013 - Principles of Macroeconomics 3 cr.
- ECO 2023 - Principles of Microeconomics 3 cr.
- MAR 1011 - Principles of Marketing 3 cr.
- MKA 1021 - Salesmanship 3 cr.
- MKA 2041 - Principles of Retailing 3 cr.
- MKA 2511 - Principles of Advertising 3 cr.
- MNA 1345 - Principles of Supervision 3 cr.
- QMB 1001 - Business Mathematics 3 cr.