Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to provide the necessary skills for students who plan to seek employment in a clerical position such as file clerk, clerk typist, general office clerk or receptionist. Upon successful completion of this program, an individual may transfer into the Office Administration—Associate in Science program.
The courses in this certificate program are also part of the Office Administration―Associate in Science degree. Students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for their certificate. After earning certificates, students are encouraged to complete the courses in the AS degree program.
Program Code: TC-OM
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- MNA 1100 - Organizational Behavior 3 cr.
- OST 1100 - College Keyboarding I 3 cr.
- OST 1110 - College Keyboarding II 3 cr.
- OST 1764 - Word Processing—Microsoft Word 3 cr.
- OST 2335 - Business Communications 3 cr.
- OST 2401 - Administrative Office Procedures 3 cr.
- OST 2852 - Excel for the Office 3 cr.