Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment in occupations such as receptionist, assistant office manager, data entry specialist or to provide supplemental training for students previously or currently employed in these occupations. Upon successful completion of this program, an individual may transfer into the two-year Associate in Science in Office Administration degree.
The courses in this certificate program also are part of the Office Administration―Associate in Science degree. Students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for their certificate. After earning certificates, students are encouraged to complete the courses in the AS degree program.
Program Code: TC-OS
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- OST 1100 - College Keyboarding I 3 cr.
- OST 1764 - Word Processing—Microsoft Word 3 cr.
- OST 2335 - Business Communications 3 cr.
- OST 2401 - Administrative Office Procedures 3 cr.
- OST 2852 - Excel for the Office 3 cr.
*OST 1100 may be waived by satisfactorily completing OST 1110. The hours waived must be substituted with elective hours from the Office Administration Electives listed in the Office Administration - Associate in Science program.