- This program is a limited access program. Applicants must submit a specific program application and meet all admission requirements to be selected.
- January admissions are for the North Campus in Brooksville (12 seats available per year).
- August admissions are for the West Campus in New Port Richey (30 seats available per year).
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a criminal background check and drug screening. A physical examination certifying satisfactory health is required.
- Upon successful completion of the program and successful completion of final comprehensive written and practical examinations, the graduate is eligible to apply to take the State of Florida Paramedic certification exam or the National Registry exam.
Pursuant to Section 456.0635, Florida Statutes, the Florida Board of Nursing, Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, and the Bureau of Health Care Practitioner Regulation shall refuse to issue a license, certificate or registration and shall refuse to admit a candidate for examination if the applicant has been:
- Convicted or plead guilty or nolo contendere to a felony violation regardless of adjudication of: chapters 409 (Social Welfare), 817 (Fraudulent Practices), and 893 (Drug Abuse Prevention and Control), unless the sentence and any probation or pleas ended more than 15 years prior to the application.
- Terminated for cause from Florida Medicaid Program (unless the applicant has been in good standing for the most recent five years).
- Terminated for cause by any other State Medicaid Program or the Medicare Program (unless the termination was at least 20 years prior to the date of the application and the applicant has been in good standing with the program for the most recent five years).
The change in Florida Statute 456.0635 indicates that if a student’s criminal background check reflects a conviction involving any of the above categories, the student will not be eligible to apply or receive a Florida license, or to sit for a certification examination if it is applicable to the program they are intending to apply for.