Curriculum and Requirements
The purpose of this program is to prepare students to enter the workforce as Internet/intranet technicians, Web technicians, Internet/intranet administrators, Web administrators, Internet/intranet developers, website developers, webmasters, Internet support specialists or Web managers, or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations.
The content prepares individuals to work in Internet, Intranet, and extranet environments; installing, configuring, designing and managing Intranet and Web-based resources. Program completers will receive training to prepare them to take the A+ certification examination. These exams are not offered on campus.
The courses in the certificate program also are part of the Associate in Science degree in Internet Services Technology. Upon completion, students need to contact the Admissions and Student Records office to apply for certificates. Students are encouraged to complete courses in the AS degree.
Program Code: TC-WDS
The following 36 hours meet the requirements for this certificate:
- CET 1179 - Microcomputer Repair Essentials 3 cr.
- CGS 1000 - Computer Concepts 3 cr.
- CGS 1100 - Microcomputer Applications 3 cr.
- CGS 1820 - Web Page Design 3 cr.
- CGS 2304 - Managing Information Technology 3 cr.
- CGS 2821 - Graphics and Multimedia in a Web Environment 3 cr.
- CGS 2827 - Advanced Web Page Design 3 cr.
- CNT 1401 - Principles of Information, Security and Assurance 3 cr.
- CNT 1000 - Introduction to Networking 3 cr.
- COP 1000 - Introduction to Software Development 3 cr.
- CTS 1110 - Microcomputer Software Essentials 3 cr.