Stay Safe Online
PHSC's Information Technology team offers the following ways to stay safe online.
- Create a strong, unique password for each account. Also, consider using multi-factor authentication if available. You will be prompted to provide a separate code to login.
- Use caution when connecting to free, public Wi-fi. A hacker could access sensitive data transferred on these networks, as traffic on these networks is not always protected/encrypted.
- Manage your privacy by reviewing privacy/security settings. Everyone is digitally connected and must consider safety and security both online and offline.
- Scrutinize emails requesting sensitive data. Legitimate companies will never request this type of information via email. Always verify the sender’s address. Hover over links in email to verify the original URL.
- Make regular backups of your data as a precaution.
Interested in a career in cybersecurity? Check out PHSC's Cyber and Information Security AS degree program today!