The first year at PHSC is an exciting time when students transition to college-level work, make connections and explore all the college has to offer. PHSC offers many opportunities to help a student succeed academically and grow personally, including the new Bridge to Success: The College Readiness Experience.
This new experience is specifically designed to enhance a student’s first-year in college by providing assignments, activities, and events in four specific areas: (1) problem solving, (2) intellectual openness, (3) time management, and (4) persistence. PHSC’s comprehensive first-year experience is comprised of
- Get Acquainted Day: a two-hour introductory event held the week prior to the start of classes
- SLS 1106 Journey to Success: a new three-credit hour elective course
- Passport to Success, Campus Engagement Co-Curricular Activities: a series of co-curricular activities and events designed to engage students with all of the support services PHSC has to offer
- Expedition Gold: an engaging, one-day collegewide celebration event
- Advisor Meeting: a face-to-face appointment with an advisor
Check out the Bridge to Success: The College Readiness Experience video.
The SLS 1106 Journey to Success course will be offered in the spring 2020 term. Students interested in the new College Readiness program should talk to an academic advisor to enroll in the SLS 1106 Journey to Success course.