On August 14, 2020, the student.phsc.edu email address will move to Exchange Online (Office 365). This necessary change will provide students with a more seamless, secure user experience and better integration with PHSC’s new enterprise resource planning system (ERP).
All students currently have access to Office 365 applications, with the exception of Outlook (Exchange Online). If a student has not previously accessed Office 365, they can do so at any time using their current email address and password. Office 365 can be accessed via the PHSC Student Portal.
Email accounts will migrate from Gmail to Office 365. Students are encouraged to review their current emails within Gmail, and delete any files and/or folders no longer needed.
When the student's Exchange Online (Office 365) email account goes live on August 14, the mailbox may be empty. The migration process will take some time to complete.
Students will have the capability to sign into their Gmail account to access necessary messages during the migration. However, emails cannot be sent or received using the Gmail account. The migration process will move email, contacts, and calendar items.
Files from the student's Google Drive will not automatically migrate. Students must move files they wish to keep from Google Drive to OneDrive. This can be achieved by following these steps:
- From your preferred web browser, go to https://takeout.google.com/u/3/settings/takeout
- Login using your email address and password.
- Under “Select data to export,” click Deselect all.
- Scroll down and make sure Drive is checked. If you’d like to backup other Google products, select them as well.
- Scroll down and click “Next step”.
- On the next page, increase the file size if needed and click “Create export”.
- When the export completes, click download.
- You can now open the downloaded file on your computer and copy necessary files to OneDrive.
Questions or concerns regarding the migration to Office 365 can be directed to the PHSC Help Desk by calling 727-816-3311.