Announcement for PHSC students registered for a course in Term D, which runs from Nov. 29, 2021 through Jan. 3, 2022.
Part of the term D session occurs during PHSC’s Winter Break—Dec. 9, 2021 through Jan. 2, 2022. Even though the College will be closed during Winter Break, several student services and resources will be available to assist students.
Virtual Admissions Availability
Virtual Admissions will be available:
- Dec. 10 through Dec. 30 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please note that Virtual Admissions will not be available Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
Students should email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please include your student ID number in your email. All emails are responded to in the order received.
Students can order their official transcripts through Credential Solutions at any time through their WISE account, or directly via Credential Solutions' website. For more information on ordering transcripts, please review the information here:
Virtual Advising Availability
Virtual Advising will be available:
- Dec. 10 through Dec. 30 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note that Virtual Advising will not be available Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
Students will need to log-in to the Zoom session before 2 p.m. to be guaranteed to meet with an advisor. The Virtual Advising Zoom link: https://phsc.zoom.us/j/9786278770#success is also noted on the Advising Website, https://advising.phsc.edu/services/appointment.
- Email will be check daily and responded to within 24 hours
E-Learning and Instructional Technology Help Desk Availability
- Email will be checked daily and responded to within 24 hours
Tickets: Help tab in left-hand navigation in Canvas
- Tickets will be checked daily and responded to within 24 hours
Help Desk Availability
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 727-816-3311
- Help Desk support will be available from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Mon. through Thurs.
Smarthinking Tutoring Online Availability
Smarthinking can be accessed directly through the “Smarthinking Online Tutoring” button located on the left-hand navigation inside any course in Canvas.
During Winter Break each student will have access to a maximum of 6 hours of Smarthinking online tutoring. Smarthinking provides 24/7 online tutoring support with—drop-in for live chat-featured tutoring, pre-scheduled chat-featured tutoring sessions, or submit an essay asynchronously for review.
Ask a Librarian Availability and Coverage
Statewide Live Chat hours until Dec. 24:
- Monday–Thursday from 10 a.m.–midnight
- Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
PHSC Librarians Ask a Librarian email coverage:
- Monday–Friday check twice a day for email questions through Ask a Librarian.
PHSC Librarians Live Chat local PHSC desk:
- Monday, Dec. 27–Friday, Dec. 31 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.