Instructions and Important Information
Read all requirements and complete and submit this online application. Applicants must submit all limited access program admission requirements to be considered for review. Applicants who submit only part of an application or are missing required documents will not be processed, must reapply to the program, and repay the limited access application fee once all requirements are met.
Applicants who are offered a seat in the program and fail to respond by the date indicated on the offer letter or who fail to enroll for the term for which admission is offered must reapply for a future date. Qualified applicants are considered for all campuses/openings; however, applicants offered a seat are only offered a seat for one campus. Based on how many seats are available and the applicant’s overall ranking, they may or may not receive an offer for their preferred campus.
Applicants who meet minimum requirements as of the deadline date will be ranked based upon TEAS test scores and prerequisite GPA. Residents of Pasco and Hernando Counties will receive preference over out-of-county residents.
I understand that any previous unsuccessful attempts in nursing courses may result in being denied entry per guidelines outlined in the Nursing Programs Student Handbook.
Graduation: If selected, I understand that I must have both an overall GPA of 2.0 and a PHSC program GPA of 2.0 to graduate from this program.
Tobacco Use: I understand that the use of tobacco at all PHSC campuses is prohibited and that I will refrain from all tobacco use.
Orientation Requirement: I understand that if selected, I must complete a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers CPR Certification (PHSC Course NCH0050) at PHSC or from a PHSC Training Site by the orientation date.
I understand that I am responsible for submitting a complete application by the stated deadlines and submitting all required documents and that incomplete applications are not considered.
I understand that official correspondence will be sent only to my student email address which ends in @student.phsc.edu.
- Submit a PHSC application with a $25 non-refundable fee for new students or a PHSC readmission application for returning PHSC students not enrolled for more than 3 consecutive terms (1 Year).
- Official high school transcript with graduation date indicating receipt of a standard high school diploma or an official transcript of GED scores indicating receipt of a high school equivalency diploma, if not already submitted. Current high school students that are pending May graduation are allowed to submit an application for August admissions. Admission will be contingent upon high school student providing PHSC an official high school transcript by 4 p.m. on June 15.
- Official transcripts from each U.S. college and university attended other than PHSC.
- Official scores from external agencies, if applicable, for prerequisite courses (i.e. AP, CLEP, IB, etc.).
- Confirmation that any needed course substitutions have been approved by the application deadline date.
- Transfer Credits: If the course prefix and number of an evaluated transfer course is not equivalent to PHSC’s course prefix and number (for example, transfer course does not indicate BSC1085), then you will have to meet with an advisor to complete a course substitution.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a combined GPA of 2.5 or higher with at least a grade of “C” or higher:
- BSC1085, Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BSC1085L, Human Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- CGS1100, Microcomputer Applications
- MCB2010, Microbiology
- MCB2010L, Microbiology Lab
- PSY1012, Introduction to Psychology