The application cycle for January 2019 admission has closed.
Applications for August 2019 admission will become available on January 15, 2019 and will be open until 7:30 p.m. on July 1, 2019. (since June 30 falls on a day the college is closed) Applications received after 7:30 p.m. on July 1, 2019 will not be considered. Students will be notified shortly after the application cycle has ended.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor is projecting a significant 33 percent job growth in emergency medical services through 2020, including EMTs and paramedics. Growth is largely due to population growth and large call volume of the aging population.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, the hourly wage for entry level EMTs and paramedics is a little under $11. Experienced professionals may earn as much as $16 hourly.
- This program is a limited access program. Applicants must submit a specific program application and meet all admission requirements to be selected.
- January admissions are for the North Campus in Brooksville (12 seats available per year).
- August admissions are for the West Campus in New Port Richey (30 seats available per year).
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a criminal background check and drug screening. A physical examination certifying satisfactory health is required.
- Upon successful completion of the program and successful completion of final comprehensive written and practical examinations, the graduate is eligible to apply to take the State of Florida Paramedic certification exam or the National Registry exam.