This is a one semester (16 weeks) program and can be completed on the East Campus in Dade City, North Campus in Brooksville, and the West Campus in New Port Richey.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 16.7 percent between 2018 and 2026.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor, the median salary for Phlebotomists is approximately $15.50 per hour.
- Availability of clinical sites may limit entry into the phlebotomy courses.
- A negative criminal background check is required.
- A physical examination certifying satisfactory health (College Form SAR-40A) is required.
- CPR Certification, PHSC Course NCH0050, American Heart Association "Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers" is a requirement for this program.
- Students in this program are not required to take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
State Licensure Information
To determine the state(s) in which the program meets or does not meet the requirements, or if PHSC was unable to determine if the program meets the licensing requirements, see below.
- Meets: Florida
- Does Not Meet: Not applicable.
- Unable to Determine: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands