The program application is available on this web page only during the application window.
Due to the transitioning of the current Surgical Technology certificate program to an Associate of Science Degree, PHSC will not accept new applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please monitor the website for updates on this exciting degree opportunity in surgical services.
Surgical Technology Outcomes Data
|Year||Retention Rate||CST Exam||Employment Rate|
|2020 (COVID Data)||no data to report||no data to report||no data to report|
Employment of surgical technicians is projected to grow at an average rate of 30 percent (much faster than average) between 2012 and 2022. Overall job prospects are expected to be very good, but job outlook varies by industry.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Labor Market Statistics, the starting salary for surgical technicians is $29,700 per year. On average a surgical technician can earn $41,790 per year.
The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA). The program has been placed on probationary accreditation as of May 19, 2023.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355-113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33756
Those wishing to enter the Surgical Technology program must meet all program application and admission requirements for consideration.
- PHSC application with a $25 non-refundable fee for new students or a readmission application for returning PHSC students not enrolled for more than 1 year or 3 consecutive terms (no fee).
- Complete the online webform application.
- Original receipt of payment of the $25 non-refundable limited access application fee payable at college store.
- Official high school transcript with graduation date indicating receipt of a standard high school diploma or an official transcript of GED scores indicating receipt of a high school equivalency diploma, if not already submitted.
- Official transcripts from each U.S. College and University attended other than PHSC if not already submitted.
Program Acceptance Notice
Application status updates are sent to applicants’ official PHSC student email address. Official communications are not sent to non-college email addresses.
State Licensure Information
To determine the state(s) in which the program meets or does not meet the requirements, or if PHSC was unable to determine if the program meets the licensing requirements, see below.
- Meets: Florida
- Does Not Meet: Not applicable.
- Unable to Determine: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands