Applicants are accepted in the fall semester of each year.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor projects employment to grow 23 percent from 2018 to 2028.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor, the median salary for medical assistants is approximately $16.31 per hour.
- This program is only offered at the West campus in New Port Richey.
- CPR certification, PHSC Course NCH0050, American Heart Association “Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers” is a requirement of this program.
- In order to receive a certificate, students must obtain satisfactory scores on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) with a minimum grade of tenth grade reading, language, and mathematics or an Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university will satisfy the TABE requirements.
- A physical examination certifying satisfactory health is required.
- Students are required to submit a criminal background check and drug screening.