The Associate in Arts (AA) degree requires the completion of 60 credit hours, including 39 credit hours of General Education and 21 credit hours of elective courses. This transfer intent recommends completion of pathway electives in order to meet prerequisites for admission into a bachelor's degree program at a Florida state university. Additional courses are in excess of required program hours and may not be covered by financial aid. For more information, students should speak to a PHSC Academic Advisor .
Pasco-Hernando State College
Associate in Arts - Biological Health Sciences - FUSE
Biological Health Sciences - FUSE Pathway
- Degree Type:
- Associate in Arts
- Health Sciences
- Program Code:
- Degree Minimum:
- 60 credit hours
- GPA Requirement:
- 2.0 or higher
General Education Requirements — 39 credits
Area I. Communication and Information Literacy
- ENC1101 English Composition I, 3 credits
- ENC1102 English Composition II, 3 credits
- SPC2608 Introduction to Public Speaking, 3 credits
Area II. Mathematics
- MAC2233 Applied Calculus, 4 credits
- STA2023 Introduction to Statistics, 3 credits
Area III. Natural Sciences
- BSC2010 Biology I, 3 credits
- BSC2010L Biology I Laboratory, 1 credit
- CHM2045 General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis I, 3 credits
- CHM2045L General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis I Laboratory, 1 credit
Area IV. Social and Behavioral Sciences
- POS2041 American Federal Government if needed. If not, take SYG2000 Introduction to Sociology, 3 credits
- PSY1012 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
Area V. Humanities
- HUM1020 Introduction to Humanities, 3 credits
- PHI1630 Applied Ethics, 3 credits
Area VI. Technological Fluency
- CGS1100 Microcomputer Applications, 3 credits
Electives — 21 credits
Any course in this section may satisfy the elective category. However, courses identified as a pathway elective are strongly encouraged to be completed in order to transfer to a university.
Pathway Electives – Strongly Recommended
- BSC1085 Human Anatomy and Physiology I, 3 credits
- BSC1085L Human Anatomy and Physiology I Laboratory, 1 credit
- CHM2046 General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis II, 3 credits
- CHM2046L General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis II Laboratory, 1 credit
- DEP2004 Lifespan Development, 3 credits
- SYG2000 Introduction to Sociology, 3 credits
Additional Electives - If Needed
- CHM1025 Introductory Chemistry, 3 credits
- CHM1025L Introductory Chemistry Laboratory, 1 credit
- MAC1105 College Algebra, 3 credits
- MAC1114 Trigonometry, 3 credits
- MAC1140 Precalculus Algebra, 3 credits
- MAC2233 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I, 5 credits
- MAT1033 Intermediate Algebra, 4 credits
- PHY2048 General Physics I with Calculus, 4 credits
- PHY2049 Physics II with Calculus, 4 credits
- SLS1106 Journey to Success, 3 credits - For First Time in College (FTIC) Students only
Foreign Language Requirement
All students pursuing an Associate in Arts (AA) degree are required to meet the Foreign Language Competency Requirement to graduate with their AA degree. For more information about the foreign language requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Civic Literacy Requirement
Students initially entering a Florida College System (FCS) institution in 2021-22 and thereafter are required to meet the Civic Literacy Requirement to graduate with their degree. For more information about the civic literacy requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Developmental education courses may be required for students based on placement test scores. Developmental education courses are not considered to be college credit hours and do not count towards the degree. For more information about the developmental education program, refer to the College Catalog.
The Program Map is a recommended term-by-term plan for full-time students. All plans can be modified to fit the needs of part-time students.
Fall Term I – 14 Credits
- BSC1085 - 3 cr.
- BSC1085L- 1 cr.
- ENC1101 - 3 cr.
- MAC2233 - 4 cr.
- SLS1106 - 3 cr.
Spring Term I – 16 Credits
- CGS1100 - 3 cr.
- CHM2045 - 3 cr.
- CHM2045L - 1 cr.
- ENC1102 - 3 cr.
- PSY1012 - 3 cr.
- STA2023 - 3 cr.
Summer Term I – 4 Credits
- BSC2010 - 3 cr.
- BSC2010L - 1 cr.
Fall Term II – 14 Credits
- CHM2046 - 3 cr.
- CHM2046L - 1 cr.
- POS2041 - 3 cr.
- SYG2000 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language I - 4 cr.
Spring Term II – 16 Credits
- DEP2004 - 3 cr.
- HUM1020 - 3 cr.
- PHI1630 - 3 cr.
- SPC2608 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language II - 4 cr.