The Associate in Arts (AA) degree requires the completion of 60 credit hours, including 36 credit hours of General Education and 24 credit hours of elective courses. This transfer intent recommends completion of pathway electives in order to meet prerequisites for admission into a bachelor's degree program at a Florida state university. Additional courses are in excess of required program hours and may not be covered by financial aid. For more information, students should speak to a PHSC Academic Advisor.
Pasco-Hernando State College
Associate in Arts - English: Creative Writing - FUSE
English: Creative Writing - FUSE Pathway
- Degree Type:
- Associate in Arts
- Arts, Humanities, Communication, and Design
- Program Code:
- Degree Minimum:
- 60 credit hours
- GPA Requirement:
- 2.0 or higher
General Education Requirements — 36 credits
Area I. Communication and Information Literacy
- ENC1101 English Composition I, 3 credits
- ENC1102 English Composition II, 3 credits
- SPC2608 Introduction to Public Speaking, 3 credits
Area II. Mathematics
- MGF1106 Mathematics for Liberal Arts, 3 credits
- MGF1107 Explorations in Mathematics, 3 credits
Area III. Natural Sciences
- BSC1005 Introduction to Biology, 3 credits
- PSC1121 Survey of the Physical Sciences, 3 credits
Area IV. Social and Behavioral Sciences
- AMH2020 History of the United States II if needed. If not, take SYG2000 Introduction to Sociology, 3 credits
- PSY1012 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
Area V. Humanities
- HUM1020 Introduction to Humanities, 3 credits
- LIT2000 Introduction to Literature, 3 credits
Area VI. Technological Fluency
- CGS1100 Microcomputer Applications, 3 credits
Electives — 24 credits
Any course in this section may satisfy the elective category. However, courses identified as a pathway elective are strongly encouraged to be completed in order to transfer to a university.
Pathway Electives – Strongly Recommended
- COM2000 Introduction to Communication, 3 credits
- ENC2210 Technical Writing, 3 credits
- CRW2001 Creative Writing I, 3 credits
- CRW2002 Creative Writing II, 3 credits
- CRW2003 Creative Writing III, 3 credits
Additional Electives - If Needed
- MAT1100 Pathways to Mathematical Literacy, 3 credits
- SLS1106 Journey to Success, 3 credits - For First Time in College (FTIC) Students only
Additional Electives - Optional
- ENG2103 World Cinema, 3 credits
- ENL2012 British Literature, 3 credits
- SPC2716 Race, Gender, Ethnicity, and Popular Culture, 3 credits
Foreign Language Requirement
All students pursuing an Associate in Arts (AA) degree are required to meet the Foreign Language Competency Requirement to graduate with their AA degree. For more information about the foreign language requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Civic Literacy Requirement
Students initially entering a Florida College System (FCS) institution in 2021-22 and thereafter are required to meet the Civic Literacy Requirement to graduate with their degree. For more information about the civic literacy requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Developmental education courses may be required for students based on placement test scores. Developmental education courses are not considered to be college credit hours and do not count towards the degree. For more information about the developmental education program, refer to the College Catalog.
The Program Map is a recommended term-by-term plan for full-time students. All plans can be modified to fit the needs of part-time students.
Fall Term I – 15 Credits
- CGS1100 - 3 cr.
- ENC1101 - 3 cr.
- HUM1020 - 3 cr.
- MGF1106 - 3 cr.
- SLS1106 - 3 cr.
Spring Term I – 15 Credits
- CRW2001 - 3 cr.
- ENC1102 - 3 cr.
- MGF1107 - 3 cr.
- PSY1012 - 3 cr.
- SPC2608 - 3 cr.
Summer Term I – 4 Credits
- Foreign Language I - 4 cr.
Fall Term II – 16 Credits
- AMH2020 - 3 cr.
- BSC1005 - 3 cr.
- COM2000 - 3 cr.
- CRW2002 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language II - 4 cr.
Spring Term II – 12 Credits
- CRW2003 - 3 cr.
- ENC2210 - 3 cr.
- LIT2000 - 3 cr.
- PSC1121 - 3 cr.