The Associate in Arts (AA) degree requires the completion of 60 credit hours, including 37 credit hours of General Education and 23 credit hours of elective courses. This transfer intent recommends completion of pathway electives in order to meet prerequisites for admission into a bachelor's degree program at a Florida state university. Additional courses are in excess of required program hours and may not be covered by financial aid. For more information, students should speak to a PHSC Academic Advisor.
Pasco-Hernando State College
Associate in Arts - Information Technology
Information Technology Pathway
- Degree Type:
- Associate in Arts
- Information Technology
- Program Code:
- Degree Minimum:
- 60 credit hours
- GPA Requirement:
- 2.0 or higher
General Education Requirements — 37 credits
Area I. Communication and Information Literacy
- ENC1101 English Composition I, 3 credits
- ENC1102 English Composition II, 3 credits
- SPC2608 Introduction to Public Speaking, 3 credits
Area II. Mathematics
- MAC1114 Trigonometry, 3 credits
- MAC1140 Precalculus Algebra, 3 credits
Area III. Natural Sciences
- BSC1005 Introduction to Biology, 3 credits
- PHY1053 General Physics I, 3 credits
- PHY1053L General Physics I Laboratory, 1 credit
Area IV. Social and Behavioral Sciences
- ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics, 3 credits
- POS2041 American Federal Government, 3 credits
Area V. Humanities
- HUM1020 Introduction to Humanities, 3 credits
- PHI1630 Applied Ethics, 3 credits
- Area VI. Technological Fluency
- CGS1100 Microcomputer Applications, 3 credits
Electives — 23 credits
Any course in this section may satisfy the elective category. However, courses identified as a pathway elective are strongly encouraged to be completed in order to transfer to a university.
Pathway Electives – Strongly Recommended
- COP1000 Introduction to Programming, 3 credits
- COP2071 Database Programming and SQL, 3 credits
- PSY1012 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
- STA2023 Introduction to Statistics, 3 credits
Additional Electives - If Needed
- MAC1105 College Algebra, 3 credits
- MAT1033 Intermediate Algebra, 4 credits
- SLS1106 Journey to Success, 3 credits - For First Time in College (FTIC) Students only
Additional Electives - Optional
- CIS2352 Ethical Hacking, 3 credits
- CNT1000 Introduction to Networking, 3 credits
- CNT1401 Principles of Information Security, 3 credits
- ENC2210 Technical Writing, 3 credits
Foreign Language Requirement
All students pursuing an Associate in Arts (AA) degree are required to meet the Foreign Language Competency Requirement to graduate with their AA degree. For more information about the foreign language requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Civic Literacy Requirement
Students initially entering a Florida College System (FCS) institution in 2021-22 and thereafter are required to meet the Civic Literacy Requirement to graduate with their degree. For more information about the civic literacy requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Developmental education courses may be required for students based on placement test scores. Developmental education courses are not considered to be college credit hours and do not count towards the degree. For more information about the developmental education program, refer to the College Catalog.
The Program Map is a recommended term-by-term plan for full-time students. All plans can be modified to fit the needs of part-time students.
Fall Term I – 15 Credits
- CGS1100 - 3 cr.
- ENC1101 - 3 cr.
- MAC1140 - 3 cr.
- SLS1106 - 3 cr.
- SPC2608 - 3 cr.
Spring Term I – 12 Credits
- COP1000 - 3 cr.
- ENC1102 - 3 cr.
- MAC1114 - 3 cr.
- PSY1012 - 3 cr.
Summer Term I – 7 Credits
- HUM1020 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language I - 4 cr.
Fall Term II – 13 Credits
- COP2071 - 3 cr.
- ECO2013 - 3 cr.
- POS2041 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language II - 4 cr.
Spring Term II – 13 Credits
- BSC1005 - 3 cr.
- PHI1630 - 3 cr.
- PHY1053 - 3 cr.
- PHY1053L - 1 cr.
- STA2023 - 3 cr.