The Associate in Arts (AA) degree requires the completion of 60 credit hours, including 37 credit hours of General Education and 23 credit hours of elective courses. This transfer intent recommends completion of pathway electives in order to meet prerequisites for admission into a bachelor's degree program at a Florida state university. Additional courses are in excess of required program hours and may not be covered by financial aid. For more information, students should speak to a PHSC Academic Advisor.
Pasco-Hernando State College
Associate in Arts - Management
- Degree Type:
- Associate in Arts
- Business Management and Administration
- Program Code:
- Degree Minimum:
- 60 credit hours
- GPA Requirement:
- 2.0 or higher
General Education Requirements — 37 credits
Area I. Communication and Information Literacy
- ENC1101 English Composition I, 3 credits
- ENC1102 English Composition II, 3 credits
- SPC2608 Introduction to Public Speaking, 3 credits
Area II. Mathematics
- MAC2233 Applied Calculus, 4 credits
- STA2023 Introduction to Statistics, 3 credits
Area III. Natural Sciences
- BSC1005 Introduction to Biology, 3 credits
- PSC1121 Survey of the Physical Sciences, 3 credits
Area IV. Social and Behavioral Sciences
- ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics, 3 credits
- POS2041 American Federal Government if needed. If not, take PSY1012 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
Area V. Humanities
- HUM1020 Introduction to Humanities, 3 credits
- PHI1630 Applied Ethics, 3 credits
Area VI. Technological Fluency
- CGS1100 Microcomputer Applications, 3 credits
Electives — 23 credits
Any course in this section may satisfy the elective category. However, courses identified as a pathway elective are strongly encouraged to be completed in order to transfer to a university.
Pathway Electives – Strongly Recommended
- ACG2021 Principles of Financial Accounting, 3 credits
- ACG2071 Principles of Managerial Accounting, 1 credit
- ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics, 3 credits
Additional Electives - If Needed
- MAC1105 College Algebra, 3 credits
- MAT1033 Intermediate Algebra, 4 credits
- SLS1106 Journey to Success, 3 credits - For First Time in College (FTIC) Students only
Additional Electives - Optional
- FIN1100 Personal Finance, 3 credits
- GEB1011 Introduction to Business, 3 credits
- GEB2350 Introduction to International Business, 3 credits
- MAR1011 Principles of Marketing, 3 credits
- MNA1100 Interpersonal Behavior in Organizations, 3 credits
Foreign Language Requirement
All students pursuing an Associate in Arts (AA) degree are required to meet the Foreign Language Competency Requirement to graduate with their AA degree. For more information about the foreign language requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Civic Literacy Requirement
Students initially entering a Florida College System (FCS) institution in 2021-22 and thereafter are required to meet the Civic Literacy Requirement to graduate with their degree. For more information about the civic literacy requirement, refer to the College Catalog.
Developmental education courses may be required for students based on placement test scores. Developmental education courses are not considered to be college credit hours and do not count towards the degree. For more information about the developmental education program, refer to the College Catalog.
The Program Map is a recommended term-by-term plan for full-time students. All plans can be modified to fit the needs of part-time students.
Fall Term I – 16 Credits
- CGS1100 - 3 cr.
- ENC1101 - 3 cr.
- HUM1020 - 3 cr.
- MAC2233 - 4 cr.
- SLS1106 - 3 cr.
Spring Term I – 15 Credits
- ECO2013 - 3 cr.
- ENC1102 - 3 cr.
- GEB1011- 3 cr.
- PSC1121 - 3 cr.
- SPC2608 - 3 cr.
Summer Term I – 3 Credits
- BSC1005 - 3 cr.
Fall Term II – 13 Credits
- ASC2021 - 3 cr.
- ECO2023 - 3 cr.
- PHI1630 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language I - 4 cr.
Spring Term II – 13 Credits
- ACG2071 - 3 cr.
- POS2041 or PSY1012 - 3 cr.
- STA2023 - 3 cr.
- Foreign Language II - 4 cr.