August 2023 Admission
Admission to the Dental Hygiene program application dates have not yet been determined.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor is projecting employment of dental hygienists to grow 20 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. The demand for dental services will increase as the population ages and as research continues to link oral health to overall health.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Labor Market Statistics, hourly wages for entry-level hygienists starts at $25 per hour and increase to almost $36 per hour with experience.
State Licensure Information
To determine the state(s) in which the program meets or does not meet the requirements, or if PHSC was unable to determine if the program meets the licensing requirements, see below.
- Meets: Florida
- Does Not Meet: Not applicable.
- Unable to Determine: Ala., Alaska, Ariz., Ark., Calif., Colo., Conn., Del., District of Columbia, Ga., Hawaii, Idaho, Ill., Ind., Iowa, Kan., Ky., La., Maine, Md., Mass., Mich., Minn., Miss., Mo., Mont., Neb., Nev., N.H., N.J., N.M., N.Y., N.C., N.D., Ohio, Okla., Ore., Pa., R.I., S.C., S.D., Tenn., Texas, Utah, Vt., Va., Wash., W.Va., Wis., Wyo., American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
Third Party Comment Notice - July 20, 2022
The Dental Hygiene Program at Pasco-Hernando State College will host an onsite accreditation visit beginning October 20, 2022. If you wish to comment on the program, you are encouraged to do so. Your inputs must be received 60 days prior to the onsite visit. Your comments should be limited to concerns directed at the standards for the program or policies and procedures used in the accreditation process. Your comments must be signed. Your signature will be removed prior to forwarding them to the program. For more information you may contact the Commission, or you may submit your comments to:
- Third Party Comments
- Commission on Dental Accreditation
- 211 East Chicago Avenue
- Chicago, IL 60611
- or by calling 1-800-621-8099 ext. 4653
- This is a limited access program with 12 seats available per year with a new class starting every August
- This program requires a cumulative score of 70.0* on the HESI HP Admissions Assessment (HP A2) Exam; the test is offered at PHSC Career Assessment and Testing offices.
- Upon successful completion of program requirements, the graduate receives an Associate in Science in Dental Hygiene degree and is eligible to sit for the National Board Dental Hygiene exam and all State licensing exams.
*score is under review