January 2020 Admission
The application cycle for January 2020 admission has closed.
August 2020 Admission
Applications for August 2020 admission are available from January 15, 2020 through June 30, 2020, by 7:30 p.m. Applications received after 7:30 p.m. on June 30, 2020 will not be considered.
January 2021 Admission
Applications for January 2021 admission are available from August 1, 2020 through *October 26, 2020, by 7:30 p.m. Applications received after 7:30 p.m. on October 26, 2020 will not be considered.
*Due to the original deadline of October 25 falling on a Sunday when the College is closed, the deadline has been extended to October 26, 2020.
Program Acceptance Notice
Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program shortly after the application cycle has ended.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor is projecting a significant 33 percent job growth in emergency medical services through 2020, including EMTs and paramedics. Growth is largely due to population growth and large call volume of the aging population.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, the hourly wage for entry level EMTs and paramedics is a little under $11. Experienced professionals may earn as much as $16 hourly.
- This program is a limited access program. Applicants must submit a specific program application and meet all admission requirements to be selected.
- January admissions are for the North Campus in Brooksville (18 seats available per year).
- August admissions are for the West Campus in New Port Richey (30 seats available per year).
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a criminal background check and drug screening. A physical examination certifying satisfactory health is required.
- Upon successful completion of the program and successful completion of final comprehensive written and practical examinations, the graduate is eligible to apply to take National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) examination and if successful apply for Florida State certification.