August 2020 Admission*
Applications for August 2020 admission are available beginning January 15, 2020 through June 30, 2020, by 7:30 p.m.** Applications received after 7:30 p.m. on June 30, 2020 will not be considered.
*For the safety of PHSC nursing applicants, staff, and community, applications are not being accepted in person at this time. Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: PHSC Admissions, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey, FL 34654.
**This date is extended from the initial application deadline date of May 21, 2020 due to a change in operations in response to COVID-19 activity. All pre-requisite admissions requirements remain unchanged and must be completed when the application is submitted.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor, overall job opportunities for registered nurses are expected to be excellent, growing by 26 percent from 2010 to 2020, but may vary by employment type and geographic setting. Some employers report difficulty in attracting and retaining an adequate number of RNs. Employment of RNs is expected to grow much faster than the average.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, salaries for registered nurses start at approximately $23 per hour. Typical salaries for RNs are about $32 hourly.
- Students entering this program should have basic computer skills
- Applicants who meet minimum requirements as of the deadline dates will be ranked based upon prerequisite GPA and TEAS scores
- In Summer (May) of odd number years, the Paramedic Transition program admits 24 students on the West Campus.
- In Fall (September) every year, the program admits 12 students on the Porter Campus.
- Paramedics will receive 11 advanced college credit semester hours based on Paramedic education.
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a negative criminal background check and drug screening.
- Upon successful completion of this program, the graduate receives an Associate in Science in Nursing degree and is eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in accordance with the regulations set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Chapter 464.008 and 464.018, and to transfer to a Florida state college or university.