January 2020 Admission
The application cycle for January 2020 admission has closed.
August 2020 Admission
Applications for August 2020 admission are available beginning January 15, 2020 through May 21, 2020, by 7:30 p.m.. Applications received after 7:30 p.m. on May 21, 2020 will not be considered.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the U.S. Department of Labor, overall job opportunities for registered nurses are expected to be excellent, growing by 26 percent from 2010 to 2020, but may vary by employment type and geographic setting. Some employers report difficulty in attracting and retaining an adequate number of RNs. Employment of RNs is expected to grow much faster than the average.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, salaries for registered nurses start at approximately $23 per hour. Typical salaries for RNs are about $32 hourly.
- Students entering this program should have basic computer skills
- Applicants who meet minimum requirements as of the deadline dates will be ranked based upon prerequisite GPA and TEAS scores
- In Summer (May) of odd number years, the Paramedic Transition program admits 24 students on the West Campus.
- In Fall (September) every year, the program admits 12 students on the Porter Campus.
- Paramedics will receive 11 advanced college credit semester hours based on Paramedic education.
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a negative criminal background check and drug screening.
- Upon successful completion of this program, the graduate receives an Associate in Science in Nursing degree and is eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in accordance with the regulations set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Chapter 464.008 and 464.018, and to transfer to a Florida state college or university.