January 2021 Admissions
August 2021 Admission
Applications for August 2021 admission are available beginning May 28, 2021 through June 14, 2021. Applications received after June 14, 2021 will not be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted in-person at any PHSC admissions office, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: PHSC Admissions, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey, FL 34654.
Employment of LPNs is projected to grow 12 percent between 2016 and 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Overall job prospects are expected to be very good, but job outlook varies by industry. The best job opportunities will occur in nursing care facilities and home health care services.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the 2018 Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Labor Market Statistics, the starting hourly wage for licensed practical nurses is approximately $16.91. Experienced professionals can earn near $24 per hour.
- Students entering this program should have basic computer skills.
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a negative criminal background check and drug screening.
- In Fall the North Campus admits 36 students to the Day Program, and the West Campus admits 36 students to the Afternoon/Evening program.
- In Spring, the Porter Campus admits 24 students to the Afternoon/Evening program and the West Campus admits 36 students to the Day Program.
- The Afternoon/Evening programs have classes from 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Clinicals are on alternate days, and may go later. The Day program has classes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., and alternate-day clinicals will be all day (their exact length will vary by campus).
- Upon successful completion of this program, the graduate is eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses in accordance with regulations set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Chapter 464.008 and 464.108. A graduate is also eligible to apply for admission to the Associate Degree in Nursing Program at the ADN-LPN entry point.