The program application is available on this web page only during the application window.
August 2023 Admission
The August 2023 admission application cycle for the Practical Nursing program is scheduled to be available from May 25 through June 15, 2023. Incomplete applications and applications received after 4 p.m. on June 15, 2023 will not be considered.
Note: The application fee, online application, and all supporting documents must be submitted to complete the Practical Nursing Application Admission Process. All items can be found in the Application Checklist below.
- PHSC application with a $25 non-refundable fee for new students or a PHSC readmission application for returning PHSC students not enrolled for more than 3 consecutive terms.
- Certificate in Practical Nursing application.
- Copy of receipt of payment of the $25 non-refundable limited access application fee payable at college store.
- Clear, enlarged copy of current driver’s license indicating a physical mailing address (PO Box addresses will not be used for residency preference in the selection process). If a driver’s license, or equivalent, does not prove Pasco or Hernando County residency, it will be processed as a non-resident (out-of-county) application.
- Copy of current TEAS test scores with Proficient or Higher in the ATI Academic Preparedness Category. Applicants may only submit ONE valid set of scores taken within the past two years of the application submission. Scores submitted with the application will be the only ones considered.
- Official high school transcript with graduation date indicating receipt of a standard high school diploma or an official transcript of GED scores indicating receipt of a high school equivalency diploma, if not already submitted.
Employment of LPNs is projected to grow 12 percent between 2016 and 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Overall job prospects are expected to be very good, but job outlook varies by industry. The best job opportunities will occur in nursing care facilities and home health care services.
Job Potential Earnings
According to the 2018 Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Labor Market Statistics, the starting hourly wage for licensed practical nurses is approximately $16.91. Experienced professionals can earn near $24 per hour.
Limited Access Admissions - admits the following number of students:
- Fall term Registered Nursing limited access program admits:
- 24 students – East Campus
- 24 students – North Campus
- Students entering this program should have basic computer skills.
- Clinical agencies require the student to submit a negative criminal background check and drug screening.
- Upon successful completion of this program, the graduate is eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses in accordance with regulations set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Chapter 464.008 and 464.108. A graduate is also eligible to apply for admission to the Associate Degree in Nursing Program at the ADN-LPN entry point.
State Licensure Information
To determine the state(s) in which the program meets or does not meet the requirements, or if PHSC was unable to determine if the program meets the licensing requirements, see below.
- Meets: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Does Not Meet: Alaska, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico
- Unable to Determine: Not applicable.