Early Childhood Development Courses
PHSC offers two Early Childhood Development credentialing courses to further your knowledge and your career. The Florida Childcare Professional Credential (FCCPC) is a Staff Credential, and the Operation of an Early Childhood Center, is the Director Credential. Both of these classes meet the credentialing requirements of the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF). Students should consult with anto determine the best pathway to success based on their interests and career goals.
2022 Spring Individual Course Schedule
- Education Courses
Operation of an Early Childhood Center Director Credential
Course: NCP-0005 (online)
Dates: Apr. 18 – June 27
Days: Mon., Wed., Fri.
Time: 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Hours: 45 (online)
Cost: $325, plus textbook
Description: This 9-week course addresses the role of the director as well as the responsibilities of managing an early childhood center and meets the Florida Department of Children and Families (FLDCF) requirements for the director credential.
Students must complete their Professional Staff Credential (FCCPC) prior to registering for the Director Credential.
Note: This course is Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) scholarship-eligible. Students interested should apply early as T.E.A.C.H. scholarships may take 6-8 weeks to process.
- Steps to Register
- Visit PHSC Career and Job Training Registration page.
- Select the current term in the drop-down menu.
- Select Continue, then select Continuing Education.
- Select Course Type.
- Select Search.
- Select the desired class shopping cart icon to add it to the shopping cart.
- Select View Cart to display the course selection, view fees, etc.
- Proceed to checkout, enter your student ID number for existing students or your social security number; follow the prompts to receive a student ID number.
- Complete the online payment.
Direct your questions, concerns or requests for more information to the PHSC Workforce Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.