PHSC’s transportation program provides individual courses and certificates in aircraft dispatching and drone operation. These courses may apply to an associate degree. To determine the best pathway to success based on their interests and career goals students should consult with an.
2022 (2023-1) Fall Individual Course Schedule
FAA Approved Aircraft Dispatcher
Course: NCJ0022-0100 (hybrid)
Dates: Aug. 29 – Nov. 17
Days: Mon. - Fri. and online
Time: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hours: 208 (online and in-classroom instruction/East Campus, A174)
Description: This 11-week course will prepare students to sit for the FAA Part 65 Aircraft Dispatcher certification for both the knowledge exam as well as the practical test. This course directly responds to current industry needs, as well as offering an accelerated pathway for students to rewarding, high-wage careers in Aviation with average annual starting salaries of $52,023.
FAA Approved Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Safety (Drone) Operator
Course: NCJ0024-0101 (virtual)
Dates: Oct. 3 – Nov. 14
Days: Mon., Wed.
Time: 5 – 7 p.m.
Hours: 26 (remote access)
Description: This 7-week course is designed to prepare students to sit for the FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Knowledge exam to gain industry certification. The curriculum covers all pertinent aeronautical knowledge as outlined by the FAA, augmented with safety practices, and also gives students a sound foundation in the theoretical in order to develop well-informed and responsible remote pilots ready to lead in the sUAS industry.
How to Register
Steps to Register
- Visit PHSC Career and Job Training Registration page.
- Select the current term in the drop-down menu.
- Select Continue, then select Continuing Education.
- Select Course Type.
- Select Search.
- Select the desired class shopping cart icon to add it to the shopping cart.
- Select View Cart to display the course selection, view fees, etc.
- Proceed to checkout, enter your student ID number for existing students or your social security number; follow the prompts to receive a student ID number.
- Complete the online payment.
Direct your questions, concerns or requests for more information to the PHSC Workforce Development Office at email@example.com.