PHSC’s transportation program provides individual courses and certificates in aircraft dispatching and drone operation. These courses may apply to an associate degree. Students should consult with anto determine the best pathway to success based on their interests and career goals.
2022 Summer Individual Course Schedule
- Transportation Courses
FAA Approved Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Safety (Drone) Operator (sUAS)
Course: NCJ0024-0100 (virtual)
Dates: June 13 – July 27
Days: Mon., Wed.
Time: 5 – 7 p.m.
Hours: 26 (remote access)
Description: This 7-week course is designed to prepare students to sit for the FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Knowledge exam to gain industry certification. The curriculum covers all pertinent aeronautical knowledge as outlined by the FAA, augmented with safety practices, and also gives students a sound foundation in the theoretical in order to develop well-informed and responsible remote pilots ready to lead in the sUAS industry.
- Steps to Register
- Visit PHSC Career and Job Training Registration page.
- Select the current term in the drop-down menu.
- Select Continue, then select Continuing Education.
- Select Course Type.
- Select Search.
- Select the desired class shopping cart icon to add it to the shopping cart.
- Select View Cart to display the course selection, view fees, etc.
- Proceed to checkout, enter your student ID number for existing students or your social security number; follow the prompts to receive a student ID number.
- Complete the online payment.
Direct your questions, concerns or requests for more information to the PHSC Workforce Development Office at email@example.com.